Short Answers – You must answer the first TWO questions, then answer any 4 of the remaining 5 questions
1. From the article, The Gray Divorce Revolution, what is the trend in divorce rates among middle-aged adults in the US? And, the article states: “…our analyses provide indirect evidence of what could be the primary factor in this trend: …”. What is the primary factor suggested in the article that may account for the new trend in midlife divorces?
2. Discuss two sociocultural inequalities that may underlie the disparity in life expectancy in the US based on ethnicity and geographic area of residence.
3. What role does the anima play in a self-identified male’s individuation process?
4. How, specifically, does a person’s educational level correlate with secondary aging outcomes? And,speaking of education, do you think Maria Montessori would support Howard Gardner’s theory of multiple intelligences? Why or Why not? Please be specific.
5. Discuss three things (from the ppt.) that bring about the qualitative cognitive advances experienced in adolescence. Discuss how these qualitative brain changes translate into adolescents’ ability to form a deeper ethnic identity (per the video on ethnic identity development).
6. Why does Kubler Ross say that depression is the most important stage of the death and dying process? (Please explain the reasoning behind this statement.) And, from the perspective of modern humanism, why can it be said that Kubler Ross’s theory is phenomenological?
7. In research studies on the aging brain, why was it vital to separate healthy aging brains from brains with plaque and dendrite loss indicating dementia? AND, how might the reporting of these data affect cultural expectations of the cognitive functioning of older adults?