Australia has a rapidly changing population profile. Considering the Social Determinants of Health, and the vulnerable population groups who are most like to require health care, look at one population group (think those from low socio-economic situations, refugees, migrants, rural and remote populations, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders etc.), and consider:
1. What population group you have chosen and how the Social Determinants of Health relate to this group
2. What impact the care of this group has on nursing in Australia (how is care delivered? Where?) .
3. Consider, how is nursing care of the diverse Australian population provided,
4. How do the Registered Nurse Standards for Practice inform the care nurses provide for vulnerable population groups? (E.g. Cultural safety, Respectful delivery of care, Ethical decision making, Scope of Practice etc.).
This activity provides the opportunity for you to examine how the population profile of Australia is changing, and how this impacts nursing care we provide. Further, this task allows you to develop your research skills, read and understand this academic research, and apply it to your arguments on this topic area. Remember to use the skills we have built upon this session, to closely analyse your resources, to determine if they are suitable for this subject area.
Analyse the impact of current trends in Australian health care
Discuss the statutory and professional governance requirements that regulate Nursing practice
Demonstrate and understanding of the principles of academic integrity and writing including knowledge of relevant policies
1. You are to select a minimum of 7 journal articles, as well as any additional academic sources you can find, that address your topic. Your journals and analysis on this subject must be from an Australian perspective. You can use articles from overseas journals, so long as they have an Australian context and focus.
2. The journals that you select for this task must be published within the last 10 years. So this means that you can only use journals published from 2009 onwards. Using articles outside of this time frame, no matter how well they address the topic area, may result in significant deduction of marks. Exceptions exist for pivotal research that has not been updated (such as Marmot’s sources).
3. Your overall work will be 1500 words. You are given 10% +/- for this work; however, words over this will not be marked, and may result in loss of overall marks (see rubric). Please be aware of the sections of the assessment that are not included in the word limit when it comes to your final word count. This extra word count is generally considered to be for your in-text referencing. Note: we stop marking at 1650 words.
4. You must use the structure outlined at the end of this document.
5. This must be submitted in word format only (doc, docx NO PDFs), and must not use headings/bullet points.
6. You must submit your finished document via Turnitin on the BlackBoard site. No assignments will be accepted in any other submission format (i.e. email, hardcopy, handwritten).
7. Any assessments submitted after the due date, and without a special consideration in place, will have marks deducted as per the university assessment guidelines, found on the SCU website (-5% per day).
Prior to commencing this task, you should access the various essay writing guides from the BlackBoard site, and familiarise yourself with these resources.
1. Your essay should start with an introduction. This section introduces your paper, to your reader (the marker), and should tell them what they will read in your paper (approx. 150 words).
2. Your body is where you make your main arguments and deliver your research findings. This is where you spend the majority of your word count. You must have in-text referencing for your essay. Please ensure you are aware of the use of paraphrasing v’s quotes for your body (approx. 1200 words).
3. Your conclusion is where you finalise your thoughts, and where you summarise your paper for the reader. You should not introduce any new topics, or ideas in this section. This should be a recap of what you wrote in your body (approx. 150 words)
4. Your bibliographic information for your essay, should following APA 6th ed. referencing format, and should be presented on a new page, titled reference list. This section is not included in your word count.
5. You should not use headings for this essay task.
6. You should not use bullet points or tables/graphs for this task.
7. You should not use the first person for this essay task.
Do you need high quality Custom Essay Writing Services?