(Answered) Evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of using a psychosocial framework in social work practice with an LGBT Community.
- Select one of these three groups: (, (2) a gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgender (LGBT) individual,
- Review the Walden Library resources listed in the Learning Resources.
- Then conduct a library search for an empirical study focused on one of the groups above and the unique psychosocial factors or issues a social worker should be aware of when working with that group.
- Post the APA-style reference for the article you found in the library.
- Describe four specific psychosocial factors that should be taken into account in order to understand the psychosocial context when working with the group you selected. (Two of these factors should be psychologically related and two of these factors should be socially related).
- Identify and explain a psychosocial intervention that addresses one of the four specific psychosocial factors you described above.
- Identify 1 to 2 outcomes you might measure if you were to evaluate the effectiveness of the intervention.
- Evaluate one advantage of using a psychosocial framework in social work practice with the group you chose.
- Evaluate the disadvantages of using a psychosocial framework in social work practice with the group your colleague chose
Healy, K. (2016). After the biomedical technology revolution: Where to now for a bio-psycho-social approach to social work? British Journal of Social Work, 46(5), 1446–1462. https://doi.org/10.1093/bjsw/bcv051
Turner, F. J. (Ed.). (2017). Social work treatment: Interlocking theoretical approaches (6th ed.). New York, NY: Oxford University Press.
Chapter 26: The Psychosocial Framework of Social Work Practice (pp. 411–419)
Chapter 30: Role Theory and Concepts Applied to Personal and Social Change in Social Work (pp. 452–470)
Click ”Buy a Ready Answer” and purchase whole solution for only $5 ( the file will be sent instantly to the email you provide)
error: Content is protected !!